K2 Special Effects Snowboard 2024
Pickup currently unavailable
The K2 Special Effects is designed for those seeking high-performance in soft snow conditions. Its unique shape features a contoured nose for improved planing in deep snow and effortless turn initiation on any terrain. The board's tri-wood blend Bambooyah™ Core and ICG™ 10 Carbon Fiberglass provide strength, stability, and a damp ride. With our Volume Shift™ design, you can downsize the board without sacrificing float or maneuverability. The Sintered 4000 base offers exceptional speed and durability, while the Hybritech™ Sidewalls ensure long-lasting performance. Whether you're on groomers, hard pack, or exploring untouched powder, the K2 Special Effects delivers an enhanced riding experience.
- Bambooyah™ Core - Sustainably harvested bamboo, aspen, and paulownia combine to deliver a damp and responsive feel. Our Bambooyah™ cores are backed by a 5-year warranty against breakage.
- ICG™ 10 Biax Carbon Glass - Integrating Carbon Fiber stringers that run the length of the board into our fiberglass increases the snap of the snowboard without adding unnecessary rigidity.
- 3D Contour Nose - 8mm of convex 3D contour (spoon), gradually blended from the running surface into the nose of the board to float like hell and maintain a predictable feel on the hardpack.
- Hybritech™ Sidewall Construction - A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of our snowboards, we can reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than our competitors.
- Sintered 4000 Base - Hard, fast, and durable, our Sintered Base material holds wax better than extruded materials increasing speed and glide.
- Volume Shift™ - We reduce swing weight and toe/heel drag by shifting surface area from the tip and tail to the waist of the snowboard. Downsize from 4-10 cm from your usual snowboard length.