K2 Program Snowboard Bindings 2024
Pickup currently unavailable
The K2 Program snowboard binding is designed for advanced-to-expert riders who prioritize both performance and sustainability. It features a 50% glass-filled nylon chassis and incorporates castor-bean based materials, reducing its carbon footprint.
- Module Chassis – True board flex and unrivalled response with Multimount™ ankle strap positioning, allowing you to customize your flex and feel.
- Sugarcane EVA Shockpads with EcoHarshmellow™ Pods – Sustainably sourced materials to help with damping and impact absorption.
- FR1 Highback – Injected with a castor-bean based materials, the FR1 is equal parts eco and ergo. Freeride focused, asymmetrically shaped, and a stiffer flex for a more responsive feel.
- DD1 Ankle Strap – A dual-density ankle strap offers the best of both worlds, a softer inner material provides a seamless connection to your boot, and more rigid outer material provides with unrivalled response. Injected with a castor-bean based materials.
- BetterWrap Toe Strap – A dual-density toe strap designed to shape to the contour of any snowboard boot – manufactured out of castor-bean based materials.
- This Grips!™ Basepad – Proprietary rubber used for vibration damping underfoot and engineered to eliminate disco foot.
K2 Snowboarding is committed to eco-conscious practices and uses recycled materials instead of plastics and EVA in the manufacturing process. Over 40% of the energy used is solar-powered, and the packaging is FSC certified, utilizing cardboard and recycled paper.
These efforts have resulted in significant reductions in binding footprints, including the use of bio-based materials, a substantial decrease in CO2 emissions from strap production, and a castor-bean-based highback that reduces emissions compared to traditional nylon. The inclusion of a sugarcane EVA shockpad further minimizes CO2 emissions.
Additionally, all K2 Snowboarding bindings come in 100% recyclable packaging, and 95% of the binding packaging is made from FSC-certified recycled material. With over 40% of the manufacturing energy derived from solar power, K2 is taking meaningful steps towards sustainability in snowboard binding production.