Oru Kayak - Beach LT
Pickup currently unavailable
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ORU KAYAK PRODUCTS HAVE 10 DAY DELIVERY TIMING
The Beach uses origami to unfold from a compact box, into a high-performance kayak. Unfolding only takes a few minutes- no pumps, tools or roof racks required. In the water it’s sturdy, durable, agile and fast- it paddles like a moulded hardshell kayak, minus half the weight.
With a large cockpit and stable 71cm width, it’s perfect for day trips, picnics, fishing, and casual fun with friends and family (or even dogs!) While it may be our friendliest boat, it’s still built to our usual high standards of strength and durability- it’s rated to 20,000 folds. And it’s as easy on the eyes as it is on the water.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Folds from a box in under 10 minutes
- Can easily fit in closets, car trunks, or aeroplanes- say goodbye to roof racks!
- Open cockpit design for ease of access
- Great for a day paddle, fishing, relaxing and more
- Adjustable footrest
- Bulkheads for hull strength
- Adjustable backrest
- Weight: 12 kg
- Length: 365cm
- Width: 71cm
- Kayak Box: 83cm x 30cm x 73cm
- Max Load: 135kg
- Storage: 140 litres
- Max Paddler Height: 201cm
- Cockpit size: 59cm wide
Fabric/Material Content AND Construction:
DURABILITY - Oru Kayaks are made from custom polypropylene, with a 10 year UV treatment, and a 20,000 fold cycle rating! While the hull is designed to take a beating, we suggest you treat your kayak like a fibreglass boat. Oru Kayaks come with a limited 12-month warranty.
- Made of double-layered, custom-extruded polypropylene
- Lightweight and extraordinarily strong
- Manufacturer-rated for 20,000 fold cycles
- 10-year UV treatment
- Withstands sliding over rocks or bumping into obstacles under the water
PERFORMANCE - Oru Kayaks use origami to deliver incredible tracking and stability— the hull folds create hard chines and a long keel line. The lightweight materials make handling easy and responsive. Oru Kayaks have been extensively tested in many environments - lakes, rivers, bays, and oceans.
- 12kg, making it less than half the weight of a traditional kayak
- 135 kg weight capacity, allowing room for 1 adult + a pet or small child
- 71cm width for increased stability and comfort
- Wide cockpit for easy entry and exit
PORTABILITY - No garage, SUV or roof racks required. Stash it in a trunk. Check it on a plane. Store it behind your couch. Hike it into remote waters. The Beach makes kayaking simple, easy, and accessible–so you can spend more time doing what you love.
- Folds up into the size of a large suitcase
- Stash it anywhere: your trunk, closet, boat, garage, van, even under your bed
- With practice, unfolds in under 5 minutes
- Standard accessories fit into the folded up boat
- Check it on a plane or hike it into remote waters with the Oru Pack
We recommend treating your Oru Kayak as you would a fibreglass, wood, or skin-on-frame kayak. Here are some guidelines:
- Avoid unnecessary dragging or bumping - use the carry handles to lift, instead of tugging it behind you
- Store out of direct sunlight - our boats have a 10-year UV treatment, but we still recommend sheltered storage
- Rinse the kayak thoroughly with fresh water after each use - sediment and salt that dry to the surface of the boat can be abrasive over time
- Oru kayaks are designed to be easily repairable if anything should wear out over time.