K2 Medium Snowboard 2024
Pickup currently unavailable
Introducing the all-new K2 Medium snowboard, a collaboration with K2 Snowboarding Pro Rider Jake Kuzyk. Designed for modern freestyle snowboarding, the Medium embodies classic elements with a fresh twist.
Jake Kuzyk's dedication to the classics is reflected in the Medium's design, featuring a round twin shape with tip and tail, a predominantly camber profile, and a predictable flex pattern. These elements were carefully considered and incorporated into the board's construction for the '23/24 season.
Working closely with Jake Kuzyk and Kennedi Deck, we aimed to create a snowboard with inclusive sizing, a versatile flex pattern, and a visually appealing design aesthetic. The Medium is available in a range of sizes, starting from 141cm and going up to 159cm.
The Medium boasts a deep sidecut between the feet and a smooth blend zone in the tip and tail. This design enhances stability compared to previous models, thanks to its wider waist width, while still maintaining agility for low-speed manoeuvres in urban environments.
In collaboration with Jake, we developed the Carbon Backbone™, a pre-cambered carbon stringer that runs from tip to tail. This innovative feature provides Jake with the perfect amount of snap without sacrificing the board's overall flexibility.
Jake personally contributed to the graphic design of the Medium. He meticulously hand-cut each paper character found on the topsheet, hand-pulled paint marks to create gloss prints, and even designed the K2 logos on the base. The result is a visually stunning board that showcases Jake's artistic talent and attention to detail.
The K2 Medium is a testament to the collaboration between Jake Kuzyk and K2 Snowboarding, offering riders a versatile and high-performance snowboard that combines classic design elements with modern innovation.
- BAP Core - A tri-blend wood core harnesses the rebound, strength, and feel of sustainably harvested Bamboo, Aspen, and Paulownia timber species.
- Biax Glass - A fiberglass weave intersecting at 90º angles provides the proper torsional flexibility and strength.
- Carbon DarkWeb™ - Carbon stringers extend at 45º angles from the inserts in an “X” pattern, adding responsiveness and stability at all speeds.
- NEW Carbon Backbone™ - A center-aligned carbon inlay running tip to tail of the snowbaord, specifically designed to add snap and pop to every ollie and takeoff.
- Hybritech™ Sidewall Construction - A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of our snowboards, we can reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than our competitors.
- Sintered 4000 Base - Hard, fast, and durable, our Sintered Base material holds wax better than extruded materials increasing speed and glide.