K2 Albany W Snowboard Bindings 2024
Pickup currently unavailable
The K2 Albany is a women's-specific all-mountain snowboard binding designed to handle any terrain with versatility and performance. Ideal for intermediate to expert level riders, the Albany offers a slightly softer flex compared to its counterpart, the Path, providing the perfect balance of flexibility and response.
- Sugarcane EVA Shockpads with EcoHarshmellow™ Pods – Sustainably sourced materials to help with damping and impact absorption.
- AM1 Highback – Injected with a castor-bean based materials, the AM1 is equal parts eco and lightweight. All-Mountain-focused, asymmetrically shaped, and a predictable middle of the road flex pattern.
- SD1 Ankle Strap – Injected with a castor-bean based materials our SD1 ankle strap is lightweight and offers a fitting blend of flexibility and response.
- BetterWrap Toe Strap – A dual-density toe strap designed to shape to the contour of any snowboard boot – manufactured out of castor-bean based materials.
- This Grips!™ Basepad – Proprietary rubber used for vibration damping underfoot and engineered to eliminate disco foot.
In our commitment to sustainability, the Albany binding incorporates eco-conscious and recycled materials instead of traditional plastics and EVA. Our manufacturing process relies on over 40% solar-powered energy, and our packaging is FSC certified, utilizing cardboard and recycled paper rather than plastics.
These efforts have resulted in significant reductions in the binding's environmental footprint: -
- The Albany binding uses approximately 40% bio-based material by volume and 25% by weight. -
- The SD1 Ankle Strap and BetterWrap Toe Straps have achieved a 70% reduction in CO2 emissions per kg compared to traditional TPU straps. -
- The castor-bean-based AM1 Highback offers approximately a 40% reduction in CO2 emissions per kg compared to a nylon highback. -
- The Sugarcane EVA Shockpad achieves a remarkable 90% reduction in CO2 emissions per kg compared to traditional EVA. -
- All K2 Snowboarding bindings come in 100% recyclable packaging. -
- The packaging for K2 Snowboarding bindings is made of 95% FSC-certified recycled material. -
- Over 40% of the energy used in our manufacturing process is derived from solar power.
With the K2 Albany binding, you can ride with confidence, knowing that you are making a positive impact on the environment while enjoying exceptional performance on the mountain.